Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Artichoke Dip

At one time in my life, I could not stand artichokes. I actually had no clue as to how to eat them and the artichoke heart to me just looked bazaar. Well, the 2 years that I went vegetarian, I learned to eat them and now just LOVE THEM!!!!!!!! I cheat because I always buy the canned ones. This is a recipe that my friend Michelle makes. IT IS KILLER!!!!! (My husband, the NON VEGTABLE EATING MAN, even likes this.

Disclaimer- *****If you make it as directed it is NOT figure friendly*******
However, you can make it with reduced fat or fat free mayo. That is what I typically do.

Hot Artichoke Dip

1 can of Artichoke Hears, chopped fine
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1 cup of Parmesan Cheese-finely grated fresh
Couple of dashes of hot sauce- if you like (my addition)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all 3 ingredients. Place in a very shallow oven-safe-serving dish. Place in oven for approx. 20 min. until hot, bubbly and slightly brown on top. Serve with water cracker or any other favorite thin cracker and enjoy!!!!!!!!

Add In's---
4 oz of lump crab meat
Substitute chopped frozen spinach-drained dry- and thawed for the artichokes
Small baby asparagus

Hope you enjoy this one!!!!!!!

Laboring and Cooking with You,
Doula Mama Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment