Friday, December 17, 2010

Harvard Beets!!!!!!!!! Thank You Tami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that I should first explain who in the world Tami is. Tami is the daughter of my "Other Grandparents" who are technically not biologically related to me. We are close enough in age that we could be sisters. She is someone that just amazes me. She is a joy and a delight to be around. I am hoping I can get her to send me some of her recipes that we can share on here.
This is one that I had never had before. I have actually grown to like beets. Of course, only if they are prepared right. This is my favorite and you could just hand me the entire bowl and I would be completely happy!!!!!!!!!
Even if you don't like beets,
PLEASE TRY THIS!!!!!!
YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!
They are sooooo very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harvard Beets

1 Quart canned beets (2 cans)
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4/ cup orange juice
1/2 cup of sugar or Splenda
1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch

Drain beets and set aside. KEEP THE LIQUID!!!
Mix cornstarch into a small amount of the liquid and set aside.
To the rest of the beet liquid, add vinegar, salt and orange juice.
Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and boil it for 1-2 minutes.
Place in cornstarch mixture and continue cooking until mixture thickens.
Add Splenda (sugar) until it dissolves.
Add beets and cook until heated thoroughly.

I am telling you,,,,, you will never look at beets the same again!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Tami.

Doula Mama Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment